Knowledgebase
Article

DMCA.com Wat Keschaiyo, Angtong
Article Date : 27 September 2011
Article Author : Chris Jones


Wat Keschaiyo


Wat Chaiyo Worawihan Ang Thong Province commonly known as Keschaiyo or Kes monastery.

The temple was originally a small ordinary temple constructed during the Ayutthaya period. This temple gained prominence during the reign of King Rama IV, when Somdet Phra Buddhachan Toh, a revered monk constructed an enormous seated figure of meditating Buddha, (fondly referred to as ‘Phra Maha Phuttha Phim’) with white plaster

Later, King Rama V initiated the renovation of the temple in 1887 but unfortunately, the heavy vibrations during the construction work, caused the large Buddha image (Phra Maha Phuttha Phim) to crumple under the pressure and was found to contain thousands of sacred amulets known as Somdej Wat Keschaiyo.